Player Interview Series: Petr Markoch!
We have taken the time to sit down with Petr. Check out some of the questions we asked him below:
1. When did you first realize that you could be a career waterpolo player and that you can turn your passion into your day job?
I started playing waterpolo at the age of 12, already at the age of15 when I won my first biggest Russian tournament at the junior level. It is from that moment that I’ve realized waterpolo will become a huge part of my life, it will became my main goal and a best job.
At the age of 17 I’ve signed first Professional contract with the club Dinamo Moscow Russia where I spent 5 seasons and I have played with some of the top players of that period of time.
2. Which challenges did you have to overcome to become the player you are today?
A lot sacrifices have been made to become who I am and I will never forget that.
3. What motivates you the most about your profession as a waterpolo player?
I love waterpolo more than anything, my whole family is full of famous athletes, the sport is inside our blood. This is why I am motivated to be the best and keep improving all the time.
4. What does your daily routine look like?
During the season 6 days of the week are the same:
Light breakfast right after waking up, Cardio Gym, training in the water, lunch, mid-day sleep is one of the favorite parts, Muscle Gym, training in the water, dinner, night sleep and Replay...
5. Who would you say are the best players you had ever played together with?!
1. Vladimir Gojkovic(MNE)
2. Aleksandr Erishov(RUS)
3. Vladimir Vujasinovic(SRB)
4. Sergey Garbuzov(RUS)
5. Peter Biros(HUN)
6. Tomas Molnar(HUN)
7. Kirill Korneev(RUS)
6. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received from a coach?
Easy: “There is no fear, You are stronger than You can even imagine, enjoy your game”
7. Tell us about your most successful season in waterpolo?
One of my best competitive season was 2017-2018 with SK Hornets where we won double crown(Championship and the Cup).
8. Which other sports do you like to follow and do you have any other hobbies?
I love POP MMA, MMA and football of course!
However, my favorite hobby are Movies, I watch everything, it’s my passion, I devote many hours of my life to the small and big screen.
All that aside, of course my wife and the family on the first place and family time is very important for me.
9. Your message to Waterpolo Portal readers?
Enjoy the best sport and be healthy !